Lebanon County Fair
First: The Quilt Block Contest
The theme this year is basket blocks
There’s a $25 first prize ! The blocks are then assembled into a quilt which gets auctioned the following year to raise money for a scholarship. It would be so nice to have a lot of blocks!
See the Fair catalog, page 78, for details, or call Kitty Zackey at 273-9850.
Second: Enter a quilt (or two or three).
The general entry form can be found here:
The quilt classes are all listed in detail on page 77, with the quilt block contest on page 78.
This link is to the catalog. You will have to scroll down to the pages of interest to find what class your quilt fits into as well as the details of the quilt block contest.
The entry forms must be hand-delivered or mailed to the Fair Office by July 3.
The actual quilts should be delivered to the Fair on Thursday, July 24, between noon and 6 p.m., as they will be judged that evening, and hung for display on Friday. Quilts need to be picked up Saturday morning, the 2nd of August.
The Fair runs from Saturday the 26th of July through Saturday, August 2nd.
Questions? www.lebanonareafair.com or call Kitty Zackey at 273-9850.
Sit N Sew – June 28
If you are interested in learning how to do the Disappearing Nine Patch, Elaine has kindly supplied all the supplies you will need to work on this project:
DISAPPEARING NINE PATCH WITH SASHING:
Home work – before you come to class:
- Bring along one or several 9 patch units. You can make them scrappy or controlled
- Either way, start with 9 5” blocks (a good use for charms) to make your block
- Controlled would be the 4 outside corners as a focus fabric and the others complimenting fabrics.
- The focus fabric will stay whole, the inside four, one fabric, will be cut in half and the middle block, another fabric, will be cut into four. With the scrappy you can mix and match.
Bring along to class:
- The 9 patch blocks
- The fabric you used for the middle block, approx ½ a yard, more if you are going to make more blocks.
- One yard of another coordinating fabric or blocks no smaller than 8 inches.
- Two 2-inch strips (wof) for each block you are planning to make. This fabric should be the one to make the POP. Like black. This will form the lattice in your block.
- All your sewing and cutting supplies.
Any questions you can contact: Elaine Brandt 926-8166